1. This Active Life- A division of Black Bear Medical – focusing on products that help keep you active and in the game of life, no matter your age or ability. From pain relief products to exercise and wellness products, we help you live your active life to the fullest. Visit www.blackbearmedical.com, come to the store at 275 Marginal Way, Portland or call 207-400-8028.
2. Freeport Nursing & Rehab Center- Serving Freeport and Southern Maine since 1967. Rehabilitation, Skilled Nursing, long-term/short-term stays. Family owned and operated for three generations of caring health care services. Visit www.freeportnursingandrehab.com or call 207-865-4713.
3. My Generation/Current Publishing. My Generation is a publication for Boomers distributed monthly by Current Publishing. A different theme presents useful articles on related topics to help Boomers and their families enjoy life more! Current Publishing, 840 Main St., Westbrook. Call 207-854-2577 or visit www.keepmecurrent.com.
4. Beach Glass Transitions- We are a team of eldercare experts. We evaluate your medical, financial, and social needs to match you with customized eldercare solutions. We create a qualified plan for you and guide you step-by-step through the process. It’s not just about quality of care; it’s about quality of life. Call 207-210-6498 for a free consultation.
5. Sedgewood Commons- Sedgewood Commons, a dedicated Alzheimer’s Community, celebrated 20 years of dementia care this month. Each member of our team has specialized education and training. Visit us at 22 Northbrook Drive in Falmouth or call 207-781-5775 for more information.
6. The Catholic Foundation of Maine- The Catholic Foundation of Maine provides opportunities to financially support the vitality of parishes and other Catholic organizations, institutions and ministries within the state of Maine now and in the future, through endowments, charitable gift annuities, bequests, insurance, real estate and trusts. For more info call 207-321-7820 or visit www.catholicfoundationmaine.org.
7. PACES (Portland Area Coalition for Elder Services) is a group of professional service providers in the Portland, Maine area dedicated to enhancing the quality of life for seniors and their families. Find the members and how they can help you at www.pacesseniors.com.
8. Seaside Skilled Rehabilitation Center- Seaside is located on Baxter Boulevard, Portland and offers a new skilled unit with private rooms, most with a view of Back Cove. Skilled services offered by licensed nurses and therapists include Occupational, Physical, Speech Language Therapy, follow-up care for orthopedic surgery, joint replacements, strokes, IV therapy and CHF. Call 207-774-7878 for more information or to schedule a tour.
9. New York Life Insurance Company- Sales associates help individuals and/or businesses prepare for their futures with the products they offer, working in the personal and business markets. They can help clients meet their estate, retirement and benefit needs through insurance and financial products. Call 207-871-7474 or visit www.maine.nyloffices.com for more information.
10. Brentwood and WinshipGreen Centers for Health and Rehab- Both WinshipGeen and Brentwood Center are committed to providing excellent care to those needing nursing services, physical, occupational and/or speech therapy. We also specialize in memory care and have a gated community. Call 207-272-7722 or visit www.brentwoodcenterrehab.com or www.winshipgreencenter.com for more information.
11. Maine Center on Deafness – Maine Center on Deafness is a non-profit agency that provides communication solutions to people who have a disability that prevents them from using standard phone equipment. Equipment provided by the program includes captioned telephones (Captel), amplified phones, and photo-button and voice. Visit us at 68 Bishop St. Suite 3 in Portland, call 207-797-7656 /VP 207-766-7111 or view www.mcdmaine.org.
12. Humana- Humana’s diverse lines of business work to serve all types of consumers. From families to seniors to military members to self employed individuals, there is a plan to meet all unique needs. Find out how Humana’s associates and corporate leaders are committed to customer service. Learn more at Humana.com or call 603-766-4912.
13. Hawthorne House & Freeport Place Assisted Living and Nursing Care community in Freeport. At Hawthorne House, our services are designed to help patients/residents who require short term rehabilitative services, skilled care, hospice care or Alzheimer’s disease and related dementia care. Freeport Place offers personalized assisted living services to 30 residents in a warm, home-like setting. Call 207-865-4782 to schedule a visit at 6 Old County Rd, Freeport.
14. Health Affiliates Maine- Health Affiliates Maine provides outpatient therapy and case management services throughout the state of Maine. By recognizing that all people are affected by mental health and substance abuse issues, we will reduce the stigma associated with accessing such services, thus increasing the opportunity for all people to participate in their own journey to wellness. Reach us at 207-440-5003 or visit www.healthaffiliatesmaine.com for more information.
15. CS Boutique- An intimate wellness boutique and resource center, CS Boutique offers specialty products and information to enhance and educate individuals and couples. Our atmosphere is professional, comfortable, supportive and non-judgmental. Call 207-871-0356 or visit our boutique for more information at 424 Fore St., Portland.
16. Maine Medical Partners (MMP) – Orthopedics MMC – The Joint Replacement Center at Maine Medical Center is nationally recognized as a leader in advanced hip, knee and shoulder surgeries. Our team performs more than 1,800 joint replacement procedures each year, the highest volume in Maine. We commit to providing the highest quality care for each patient’s specific needs. Visit www.mmc.org/jrc for more information or call 207-662-6054
17. Bay Square at Yarmouth- Splendidly located just beyond the beautiful Royal River and near to everything practical, Bay Square offers a simple lifestyle based on independence in a nurturing, supportive environment. You will enjoy the privacy of your own spacious apartment and benefit from the many amenities found at this full-service assisted living community. Visit us at 27 Forest Falls Drive in Yarmouth or call 207.846.0044 to schedule a tour.
18. Dube Travel- We can help you travel the world. Use our experience to enhance your travel. Call today for more information 207-784-2916, visit us online at www.dubetravel.com or drop by 250 Center Street in Auburn.
19. Gentiva Home Health- As America’s home health and hospice leader, the Gentiva family of companies has been bringing great healthcare home for four decades. Our care is defined by our clinical expertise and the compassion we deliver to 80,000 patients a day – one patient at a time in Portland, Sanford or Bangor. Call us at 207-772-0954 or visit www.gentiva.com.
20. Casco Bay Home Care- Casco Bay Home Care helps seniors live as independently as possible by providing non-medical assistance, to keep them safely in their own surroundings. Call 207-846-6886 for more information, or visit us at 360 US Route 1, Yarmouth. www.cbhcmaine.com.
21. Parkview Adventist Medical Center. Our focus at Parkview is on your health. We offer all the clinical services you need when you’re sick, but our intention is to make sure you stay healthy and well. With diabetes education, our special outpatient programs and physician’s offices located on our campus, we’re geared to providing the education and training you need to maintain your good health and the health of your family. Parkview Adventist Medical Center, 329 Maine St, Brunswick 207-373-2160 www.parkviewamc.org.
22. AbbVie: Crohn’s and Colitis Patient Advocate Program- A free one-to-one patient advocacy program that provides support, education and resources to people diagnosed with Crohn’s Disease and Ulcerative Colitis. Call JoAnn Rojas at 617-218-7376.
23. Primary Residential Mortgage- At Primary Residential Mortgage we are happy to help you purchase or refinance a home using FHA, VA, USDA, Conventional or Reverse Mortgage. We offer great rates and our level of service is unsurpassed. Call us today at 207-885-5070, or visit www.primaryme.com.
24. Advantage Home Care is a state-registered personal care agency that provides in-home non-medical care for aging adults to insure their safety and well being. We service Cumberland, Northern York and Southern Sagadahoc counties. To get more information please call 207-699-2570, or visit www.advantagehomecaremaine.com.
25. Schooner Estates Retirement Community- Schooner Estates offers Independent, Assisted living, Residential Care and Memory Care. We are committed to providing each resident with the services that allow them to maintain their highest level of mental, physical and social well-being. Our staff is professional, supportive and make excellent customer service their top priority. Call 207-784-2900 to make an appointment to visit us at 200 Stetson Road, Auburn.
26. American Heart Association- The American Heart Association is the nation’s oldest, largest voluntary organization devoted to fighting cardiovascular disease and stroke. We work to improve the lives of all Americans through research, education and advocacy initiatives. For more information, go to www.heart.org or call 847-721-8010.
27. CaptionCall is a revolutionary new telephone for anyone who has trouble hearing on the phone. Similar to captioned television, CaptionCall uses voice recognition technology and a transcription service to quickly provide written captions of what callers say on a large, easy-to-read screen. To learn more, call 877-557-2227 or visit www.captioncall.com.
28. Fallbrook Woods is committed to providing an environment in which each person has the opportunity to live a full and meaningful life. We offer choices and opportunities that are supportive of each person’s values and abilities. We believe that a person’s unique qualities, preferences and spirit should be celebrated. Visit us at 60 Merrymeeting Drive in Portland. Call 207-878-0788 for more information.
29. Maine Senior Guide is a free on-line resource of services and information for Maine seniors and their families. MSG allows you to search geographically for senior communities, home care, geriatric assistance, estate management services and much more! We add constantly to a rich library of articles, making MSG an excellent information source. Visit www.Maineseniorguide.com today! Call 207-232-7847 for more information.
30. The Pines- Subsidized, affordable housing for seniors in beautiful Ocean Park, Maine. 110-One Bedroom apartments. Rent covers heat, electricity, maintenance and resident services. Go to www.thepinescommunity.org for more information or call us at 207-534-2157.
31. AAA – If your car ever breaks down and you need a tow, you’ll realize you made the right choice to join. But we are more than just Roadside Assistance. If you ever need to make travel reservations, buy insurance, or need a free map, you can find what you want at AAA. Call 207-776-6167 today, or visit us online at www.northernnewengland.aaa.com.
32. Hospice of Southern Maine- Hospice of Southern Maine provides compassion, care and comfort through end of life for patients with life-limiting illnesses, and support for their families. Call 207-289-3640 or see us online at www.hospiceofsouthernmaine.org for more info.
33. The Vicarage by the Sea in Harpswell, Maine was founded with the desire to create a difference in the lives of those living with dementia. Our philosophy believes that every human being deserves the opportunity to grow, regardless of age or ailment. The Vicarage provides genuine care based on a psychosocial model, emphasizing the wellbeing of each residents mind, body and soul. Call 207-883-5480 or visit www.thevicaragebythesea.com to learn more.
34. Jade Integrated Health- Providing acupuncture, physical therapy, yoga instruction and massage therapy with tailored treatments to meet your goals for rehab and wellness, conveniently located in Portland at 100 Forest Ave, FL2 with ample close parking. Accepting major insurance carriers and Medicare. Call for a free consultation, or join us for Yoga for 50+. 207-773-5778 www.jadeintegratedhealth.com.
35. Electricity Maine- Electricity Maine is a Competitive Energy Supplier (CEP) licensed by the Maine Public Utilities Commission to sell electricity to homeowners and small businesses served by Central Maine Power (CMP) and Bangor Hydro Electric (BHE) utilities. Electricity Maine is part of the Provider Power family of companies, providing competitive electricity supply rates to Mainer’s and strengthening community by building jobs and providing resources. 207-440-5002 www.electricityme.com.
36. Cape Memory Care is one of nine properties owned by Woodlands Senior Living. Woodlands Senior Living is a family owned, Maine company that provides a personal approach to care from basic assistance to specialized memory care in six communities throughout the state of Maine. Visit www.capememorycare.com or call 207-553-9616 to schedule a tour. You can visit us at 126 Scott Dyer Road in Cape Elizabeth.
37. Novo Nordisk Inc.- Novo Nordisk is a leading global diabetes company whose mission is changing diabetes. Cornerstones4Care is a free diabetes education program that empowers people with diabetes to manage their diabetes healthfully. Call 207-210-1968 for more information or visit www.novonordisk-us.com.
38. Beltone- provides free hearing evaluations and sells hearing aids. Our products and services are second to none, while our dedicated staff understand the positive impact better hearing can have on you and those around you. Drop in at 275 Bath Road in Brunswick or call 207-615-0336.
In the Performance Area- BoomerTECH Adventures is three retired educators (Chris Toy, Ed Brazee and Jill Spencer) with an urge to help people understand their technology. A new company devoted to learning for creative adults, they’ll help you figure out all the bells and whistles on your iPhone, iPad and laptop, and answer your technology questions. Visit them at the Tech Table in the performance area. www.boomertechadventures.com.